Monday, March 16, 2009

Final Belize - the most amazing day trip.

My final day in Belize started early.  We headed to a nearby dock for a speed boat pickup to head to the main land for a day of adventure.


After a bumpy ride on the boat and an even bumpier and longer trip in a van through the Belize country side we finally arrived at the river crossing for the entrance to Xunantunich ruins....a hand cranked bridge/barge to take you and your vehicle across.
As we reached the top of the hill....WOW.






Up we went....
El Castillo is the 2nd tallest structure in Belize at 130 feet....we went to the top and it was mind blowing... and scary as it literally was blowing (it was pretty windy that day)!
Our guide kept us nipping along smartly though, as we still had another long drive ahead of us to reach our next destination  - cave tubing!

First a delicious lunch at a local spot  = perfection!

All prepped and ready to go....in we went.
I wish I could have brought my camera into the caves but I would have lost it in the water....and I could have never been able to capture the beautiful, amazing and spooky experience it was.


After our ride we were driven back to the boat in our van being fed rum punch and arrived back at our speed boat for the ride back to San Pedro.

The sun was shining and it was beautiful...

A real wild ride home!

Words can not explain how outstanding this day was.

Wish I just had one more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment