The shuttle flight from Belize City to San Pedro was the smallest plane I have ever been on, and a view that was just mind blowing...




I was greeted my my dad and mom (with another ankle injury just in time for vacation) at the tiny airport..


After a short ride in the golf cart (everyone here drives one) to Caye Casa, I grabbed a Belikin Beer and headed to the end of the dock to sit in the sun with the family and friends..



Dusk brought a cocktail party within the small hotel complex with an automatic neighborhood feel....dinner at home with mom and dad and the Dair's..
It was a beautiful and surreal first day and night...especially considering the lack of sleep and crazed last week I had had prior to arrival.



Full day 1 consisted of a lot of laying around and reading.

I went for a walk around the small and quirky town..


..had a beachside margarita and shrimp cocktail...

..the tide rolled out real far..

...the sky was whispering beautiful secrets..


A nice day which ended in a very brief but strong rainstorm.
Amazing.
Wish you were here.
No comments:
Post a Comment